技法指导
写英文求助信的原因是目前自己遇到了一些困难,需要请求对方帮助。因此整篇文章应用一般现在时表达文义,当描述自己得到帮助后的进步时应用一般将来时。具体写作结构如下:

常用表达
1.I’m writing the letter to you to ask you to do me a favor.
我给你写信想请你帮我一个忙。
2.I have some difficulty in doing…which bothers me a lot.So I have no choice but to turn to you for help.
我在做……方面有困难,这很困扰我。所以我别无选择只能向你求助。
3.What bothers me is that I don’t know what to do.
困扰我的事是我不知道做什么。
4.I’ve found that my problem lies chiefly in two aspects.For one thing,…;for another thing…
我发现我的问题主要在两个方面。一方面……另一方面……
5.But unfortunately,I encounter some difficulty in preparing for the English competition.
但是不幸的是,我在准备英语竞赛的时候遇到了一些困难。
6.Not only do I have some difficulties in reading but also in writing.
我不仅在阅读方面有困难,而且在写作方面也有困难。
7.Hardly have I had any experience in coping with the situation due to the fact that I am a green hand.
由于我是一个新手,我在处理这样的情况方面几乎没有什么经验。
8.So difficult is the situation that I don’t know how to face it.
情况是如此的复杂以至于我都不知道怎么去面对。
9.I believe I will benefit a lot from your valuable and timely advice.
我相信您的宝贵而及时的建议会使我受益匪浅。
10.I’m sure with your help I can make great progress.
我相信在你的帮助下我会取得很大的进步。
11.I will appreciate any of your help.
我将非常感谢你的任何帮助。
12.I would greatly appreciate your timely help.
我会非常感激你及时的帮助。
典例展示
假定你是李华,暑假想去一家外资公司兼职,已写好申请书和个人简历(resume)。给外教Ms Jenkins 写信,请她帮你修改所附材料的文字和格式(format)。
注意:
1.词数100左右;
2.可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
Dear Ms Jenkins,
I’m Li Hua and I plan to take a parttime job in a foreign capital company during the summer holiday.I have already filled in the application form and had my resume ready for it.However,I’m not sure about the words and format.Therefore,I’m writing to ask for your help and professional advice.Would you please spare some time to read through the materials attached?Would you mind finding out the mistakes in terms of words and format?Besides,I’d like you to correct the mistakes found in the materials.I’d be most grateful if you could do me the favor.
I’m looking forward to your reply.
Yours,
Li Hua
1.文章开篇自我介绍并表明写信意图,随后说明求助的具体内容,最后表达希望和感激。
2.书信中使用了过渡词语However,Therefore,Besides。使用了高级词汇:professional,attached,in terms of,correct;求助信常用的套语:I’m writing to ask for your help and professional advice.和 I’d be most grateful if you could do me the favor.;也使用了复杂结构过去分词短语作定语found in the materials。



